Substance abuse or mental health problems don't have to rule your life. Get the guidance and support you need.
- Poison Control: (505) 272. 2222 or 1.800.222.1222
- Mental Health Crisis Hotline: (505) 247.1121
- Al-Anon & Alteen: (505) 262. 2177
- Alcoholics Anonymous: (505) 266.1900
- Narcotics Anonymous: (505) 260.9889
- New Day: (505) 260.9912
Youth and family services ranging from counseling to the Safe Home for youth.
- ABQ Metropolitan Central Intake: (505) 766.5197
Free substance abuse treatment and counseling for Albuquerque residents.
- National Drug Information, Treatment & Referral Hotline: 1.800.662.4357
24/7 source for treatment options, information and referrals to local rehab centers.
- Above the Influence: www.abovetheinfluence.com
A teen anti-drug campaign site with facts, games and help resources.
- Addiction & Substance Abuse Program: (505) 925.2400
Substance abuse and mental health treatment through UNM hospitals.
- All Faiths Receiving Home: (505) 271.0329
Education, treatment and advocacy for children and families.
- American Psychological Association (APA):
The APA's Help Center full of articles and resources.
- Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance: (505) 889.3632
Connect with the DBSA's Albuquerque chapter.
- Dual-Diagnosis Treatment Locator
- First Choice: (505) 768.5450
Community health care with nine clinics in three counties in New Mexico.
- Help for Depression
Provides a very comprehensive explanation of the various approaches and treatments for depression as a critical starting point for individuals and/or their loved ones.
For more information, visit: helpfordepression.com.
- Hogares: (505) 345.8471
Private non-profit offering treatment programs ranging from counseling to live-in support.
- La Familia: (505) 766.9361
Non-profit social service agency with outpatient counseling services.
Musicians for Mental Health, a youth awareness campaign.
- Medicare and Mental Health Services
- Medicare and Your Mental Health Benefits
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: (505) 260.0154
- National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder:
- New Mexico Solutions: (505) 268.0701
Mental health and substance abuse counseling.
- Outcomes, Inc.: (505) 243.2551
Psychotherapy, counseling and many other services.
- School Based Health Centers: (505) 272.0457
- UNM health professionals working in the schools.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
SAMHSA works to improve the quality and availability of substance abuse prevention, alcohol and drug addiction treatment, and mental health services. Includes links to community programs, information resources, events and articles.
- Therapist Search by Location
- UNM Hospitals: Under 18: (505) 272.2930
Over 18: (505) 272.2800
- UNM Health Sciences Center: (505) 925.2493
- UNM Alcohol & Substance Abuse Program: (505) 925.2400
- UNM Psychiatric Center: (505) 272.2861
- UNM Women’s Resource Center: (505) 277.3716
- What A Difference A Friend Makes:
Resources for people with mental illness and their friends.
- Youth Development, Inc. (YDI): (505) 831.6083 or (505) 873.1604.11
Programs and resources for youth and families.